Members Fee: An annual fee of $350.00 will be collected from each member gallery in the form of a check payable to Miami Art Dealers Association or via wire transfer. See below for details:
Miami Art Dealers Association
c/o Dina Mitrani
2620 NW 2nd Avenue
Miami, Fl 33127
North Miami AvenueMiami,
routing # 063114137
account # 104752124
- Engagement in the profession of selling fine art as the primary focus of business
- The Gallery or Dealer must have been in operation for a minimum of three years
- The Gallery or Dealer maintains a good reputation of connoisseurship and ethical practice among peers, artists
and the public
- Provides unconditional guarantee for authenticity of all works offered and sold
- 2 letters of recommendation from active members of MADA
- Minimum hours of operation according to neighborhood, i.e. Wynwood (Collector’s Preview, Thursday – Saturday 12-5 pm.)
- Galleries must not charge artists to exhibit their work
- Curated gallery program and represent a stable of artists
- Must demonstrate efforts to educate and raise level of awareness of visual arts in the Miami community (i.e. being published in magazines/newspaper, public speaking, lectures, relationships with museums/curators, private collections, etc.)
- No member shall sell duplications (i.e prints, canvas transfers or computerized images) without full disclosure of
such to the client
MADA offers its members a reputable association whereby galleries and dealers can come together to take on initiatives
and create a strong voice in the city and art community of Miami. MADA’s lobbying efforts support the needs and concerns
of its membership in the following ways:
- Joint marketing efforts such as www.miamiartdealers.org website, MADA gallery map by area, collective advertising in
- Organization, promotion, marketing, sponsorship opportunities of special events to drive collectors and art enthusiast to visit the galleries and become more involved in the art community, such as effective promotion, marketing, sponsorship,
etc. of Collectors Preview in Wynwood, Breakfast Before Basel, dedicated tours for groups (interior designers, professionals, Palm Beach art enthusiasts, etc.).
- Workshops and seminars related to the art field with guest speakers who are experts in their fields to help educate
our members (and non-members) on important aspects of conducting our business: legal matters, tax laws for art,
sales and marketing
- Providing members with professional support and networking in the following fields: Legal matters including art law,
taxes, gallery and artist contracts, and stolen art works.
- Undertaking issues on public policies within the city and working on making each neighborhood an attractive
cultural destination for local and foreign visitors.
- Representing its members and aiding them in resolving issues germane to the art business through the MADA network.
- Negotiating for all members preferred service rates on things such as shipping, storage, appraisal, insurance,
art handlers, etc.